I was commissioned to paint a large painting (3 feet by 4 feet) of the vineyards at sunrise in the fall. It took me 80 hours and I am still in the process of getting accurate prints made. Here is the painting by stages.
1. I did an undercoating with burnt sienna. I did the initial blocks with oils--it took quite some time just to coat the canvas one time just because of the size.
2. My focus was on the clouds, the fog, and the hills, working back to front.
3. I started getting more detailed and painted in the branches up close, very tedious work.
4. I worked for hours on the foreground, adding details of leaves, pebbles, and blades of grass. I needed to add more shadows and highlights, as well as a little road to the right.
5. Photograph time: The first is my photo of the finished painting, and then there is the professional photograph of the painting...although I'm not sure if it isn't a little too yellow/orange. I had a difficult time getting my own photograph of the finished project though.
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness. Psalm 115:1 So that in everything He might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18
•Small sketches and paintings start at $350+/$550+ (5x7)
•Medium sizes start at $850+/$1200+ (11x14)
•Large start at $1,500+/$2500 (16x20)
•Extra large start at $5,000+ (24x36)
Price depends on size, medium, complexity. I love to work with budgets and can work on payment plans. Portrait prices are per individual.
A deposit of 50% will be due in advance. Balance due at completion of commission and acceptance by client.
Fees do not include sales tax, framing, shipping, or travel.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
I enjoy drawing and painting with all mediums. From pencil to pastel, watercolor, gouache, acrylic, or oil, I thrive on capturing light and life. I can be found outside at sunrise painting in “plein air” or combining illustrations for a new story for my children.