Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Art



Artist’s Statement:

I paint because of God. He has given me such delight in the colors and shapes of light. His creativity is amazing. I see His hands at work in the vast creation (landscape), in intricate objects up close (still life), and most of all in people (portraits/figures). As my little ones run around me, I am especially fascinated by drawing and painting children. I pray while I paint or listen to music about God and having faith in Him through Jesus Christ. For me the process is one of worship and faith. I worship God and trust Him to bring glory to Himself through me. The Bible acknowledges God’s creativity and talks about his giving creativity to people.

Amos 4:13 says:
He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth — the LORD God Almighty is his name.

Exodus 35:31 says:
He has filled [Bezalel] with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.

I fully acknowledge that without God, I am nothing. I want to bring glory to God in all I think and do, including everything I draw or paint. As the second half of Colossians 1:18 puts it: “so that in everything He might have the supremacy.”

No comments: