Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grandchildren Portraits

I just completed this portrait of three sweeties recently. They are walking on the beach at Sea Ranch. I used multiple photo references to get the composition that I felt worked--mainly getting their arms to look like they are connected, guarding, and embracing. I changed the color of the little guy's pants, and was pleased with how the blue of the boots balance the blue of the ocean. I spent the most time on the faces and hands, leaving the surroundings more impressionistic (which I always like). Lots of prayer went into this one so that I could see it.

This portrait is one I did a while ago of a grandfather and granddaughter walking at Doran Beach. I used multiple photo reference--which was tricky because the grandfather had passed away and the photos were of low resolution and grainy. God really helped move my hands for this one as well.

No comments: