Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Awards and Such

It is always such an honor to win awards as an artist.  I entered 6 paintings in a local competition a couple of years ago, and won numerous awards.  The best part was that the fire occurred while the paintings were still displayed, and so they did not burn in the fire that destroyed so much.  These are some of the ribbons....2 First Place, 3 Best of Division, and...1 BEST OF SHOW!  Woot woot!



I also won in the National Arts Program with this oil painting, and got to fist bump the mayor's fist (because of the coronavirus...no shaking hands).  The monetary award was such a joy as I had decided to donate whatever I received to the Harvester's Orphanages in South Sudan.  Praising God!


As Time Goes By, Oil on gesso board


I love my new studio space!

New watercolor of Truckee cabin





No comments: